I could eat eggs every day. Usually I have them over easy, but I've been making some omelets as well. However, I really like it when a nice brunch place has them really light and fluffy. They're so good and I always wanted to try them that way. I found an easy recipe that was very good! I would definitely make them again and maybe add some extra spices to them. I'm trying them again tomorrow! Yum!
Ingredients:
2 eggs (I added one more egg white to the mix)
1/4 cup shredded cheese
2 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
1) Crack the eggs in a small bowl and whisk vigorously for one minute.
2) Melt the butter in a pan on low heat. Wait until it begins to foam.
3) Remove the pan from the heat and add the eggs.
4) Whisk the top of the eggs vigorously again, careful not to scrape the bottom.
5) Return the pan to the heat. Continue to whisk the eggs until the top is foamy. Sprinkle the cheese on top and whisk to incorporate.
6) Let the bottom of the eggs set for 5-7 seconds. Run a silicone spatula from the edge of the pan into the middle. Tilt the pan so that the uncooked eggs can slide onto the surface area that you just created with the spatula.
7) Continue to slide the cooked eggs into the middle with the spatula and rotate to allow uncooked eggs to hit the surface pan.
8) After about 30 seconds or so, the eggs will be mostly set. Remove them from the heat. The heat from the pan will finish cooking them.
9) Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:
Post a Comment